Sunday, January 17, 2010

Mr. Kenney

For all of you who are faithfully emailing the Minister of Immigration, the Honourable Jason Kenney...THANK YOU!!!!

Ainsley, you rock! My friend Ainsley is emailing him EVERY SINGLE DAY!

Just note, I have two different email addresses, and I'm not sure if one is correct and the other is not, or if they both go to his office:

Kennej@parl.gc.ca is what he has on his website, and Linda D. informed me it is Kenney.J@parl.gc.ca.

If in doubt, just email both accounts.

I emailed my MP again yesterday that GLA only has 3 days water supply left and we have to get the children out. This morning I heard from his assistant, James, who said that according to Mr. Kenney, pending adoptions (yes, that must be us, right?) will be top priority. They will be contacting the Haitian embassy on our behalf tomorrow as well, so we thank James and Tim so much for their assistance in this time of dire need.

Again, the messages we are trying to get to Mr. Kenney are that:
1. The children IN PROCESS who don't yet have the final adoption decree, be allowed to come to Canada on Humanitarian grounds.
2. The parents/children have been matched and approved both in Canada and in Haiti.
3. It will be impossible to obtain Haitian passports any time soon for these children since the Haitian office buildings are under rubble.
4. The adoption process WILL BE completed in Haiti once Haiti is back on its feet.
5. God's Littlest Angels orphanage needs to clear out its beds as they are getting new children in daily as well as members of their community seeking medical help, food, water, and shelter.
6. At this point GLA is rationing food and only has a couple days of water supply left...so this is URGENT!!!!!

Thank you!

3 comments:

  1. i emailed Mr. Henney friday night to the original email that u suggested and it didn't come back to me so i'm thinking he must have received it Heidi! i'll continue sending emails...
    my prayers are with your family as well as precious Trey!!
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping and praying you are included in the "pending adoptions"!

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heidi and Brady,
    I think both email addresses work. Based on what I found when I searched for the address for Ed Fast, our MP, one is for his office in Ottowa and one is his constituency office. The pattern looks the same. Anyway, I just sent him our third email. I figured he should know about the collection in church this morning (I am sure your dad told you about that). It is good for them to know we don't just sit back and write letters, but are doing our part as well. You and Trey are in our prayers, as are all the people of Haiti.
    Shalom.
    Roy and Jane

    ReplyDelete