Yes...we got THE CALL. Don't get TOO excited. I will tell you about it.
They confirmed Trey's name: Amos Pierre.
They confirmed his DOB: 29 December 2008
They confirmed our adoption status: Parquet in the town of Jeremie (different than most adoptive parents whose paperwork is buried under rubble in PAP...this is a benefit for us).
They asked about his present well-being: I said, well he's unharmed right now, but he just lived through another earthquake! The orphanage was running out of water and food, however just received some supplies. They are finding it difficult to get fuel to run their generator. We are concerned that looters may target the orphanage because they do have some supplies. The director and staff at the orphanage are understaffed, overwhelmed, trying desperately to get the kids home for their safety.
And that was that. They couldn't give me any numbers to call of course, and they couldn't give me any concrete action plan. They said they're not sure when they'll be ready to call us back with more info...might be 3 days might be a week! (I'm sorry, that's too long!!!!) But at least they are doing SOMETHING. We need to get our boy home asap!
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Heidi and Brady, We are ALL praying for you and Trey Amos and all the other children waiting to come home. The girls at MS are praying for you and I have requested prayer(with others)....Our hearts are sad for you and we feel your pain...I am happy to hear you got the call...heard about the 2nd quake(tremor). All I know isthat this son of yours is extra special for God to allow you to all go through something like this! I know He is in Our God's great hands and I'm praying with you that he will be home soon..I know, with prayer, that is possible. Hold tight, keep trusting....we are praying for you..We love you! Stef and the girls at MS. (This is my DH's google acount)
ReplyDelete