Here is the inside of the hangar.
A paramedic bus pulled in and this is where, later on, we had to take Trey Amos for his medical exam. They had a pediatrician and some nurses checking out all the children as this is a necessary part of the adoption process before the child leaves Haiti.
We then were escorted by the CIC staff (wearing red shirts that said "Operation Stork") into a lounge in the hangar.
All the parents waited and waited in the lounge. You can see the big windows that we were all looking out of for the plane to arrive. It was awesome to meet all the other Canadian GLA parents...all of whom we had corresponded with via email or phone but many of whom we had not met in person before.
Finally the huge Air Transat plane arrived! Everyone was crowded around the window watching with anticipation!
And then the door opened and the children started coming out! They were bundled in blankets, carried by the escorts. There were 20 children from God's Littlest Angels on the flight (out of 52 children) and they were escorted by Dixie, Molly, Susan, Joyce, Brad, and Lois who all work at GLA. Everyone was cheering and crying when the children started coming down the stairs.
Friend and fellow adoptive mom, Melanie, has baby Mikey and is talking to Dixie.
And then we saw Brad coming in carrying Trey Amos, bundled in a blanket and wearing an Air Transat cap.
We were so happy and thrilled to be reunited with our son! This time, forever! His eyes lit up when he saw us, and we believe he recognized us from our visit just a month ago in Haiti!
All the children were wearing bracelets for identification.
It took about six hours for us to get through Immigration and Medical. Once we did, we headed back to the airport and caught the first flight home! Trey Amos was pretty enthralled with the TV!
He played so nice the whole ride home (we even had to connect in Calgary) and finally fell asleep.
When we arrived at the Edmonton airport, Grandma V, Brady's basketball team and their parents and some friends were there to meet us! It was so good to be home!
We still keep saying to ourselves, "this is real...he's really here! To stay!" It's just so hard to believe! Trey Amos is doing well...it is a huge adjustment for him obviously. Even though he met us before, now he is missing everyone and everything else in his life he has ever known! So he is in our arms all day long...he does not want to be put down for a second. It will take some time for him to learn that he is safe here and that he is not going to have to go through another big traumatic move like that!
Anyways, we just thank everyone for their prayers, support, letter writing, baby clothes, EVERYTHING! We are so very blessed to have Trey Amos in our lives!
Oh my goodness! We wish we could have been there! He looks so happy and contented! You are a beautiful family! Love Mom
ReplyDeleteI love your account and all of the pics! The photo of Brad and Trey Amos is great!!! I love the one with Dixie... Someone by her is holding a baby from GLA, I am assuming and the only way you can tell there is a baby there is the little brown hand peeking under the blanket. :-) You all look great together!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteWe are SO happy for you! Blessings to you!
ReplyDeleteYou guys look great! We will continue to pray during this time of adjustment. For rest, strength, patience, wisdom, laughter (especially during plenty of diaper changes).
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful family you are! I am so happy for you and Brady!
ReplyDeleteWho could have ever imagined that out of such a terrible disaster an incredible, amazing miracle could happen for hundreds of waiting families and orphaned children. You are truly blessed.
Our prayers will continue to be with Haiti's people, and your family as you travel along this new and exciting life adventure.
We look forward to meeting your little angel in the months to come. > Lisa
heidi!! look, LOOK, at your smile!
ReplyDeleteand the smile on Trey's face.
i want to try to skpe so the crib mates can see each other soon.
cathleen
Oh wow!! I'm so happy and happy and happy to see these pictures and your description of bringing him home!! !!!!! I'm smiling here :)!!
ReplyDeleteYvonne
Awesome pictures! I just love the one with Brady with a huge smile on his face looking at Trey with his Transat cap on! I also love the last one of the three of you together at last!
ReplyDeleteWonderful!
Aunt Lottie
You three look SO happy...I bet you haven't stopped smiling! Thanks for sharing your pictures with us. Our family saw you on the news today. Tyrell and Jessena can't wait to meet and play with little Trey.
ReplyDeleteTreasure each day!
Shawna and Jay
I've been following your blog since you posted on the Ethiopia Adopts board. I just wanted to say how happy I am for the three of you and wish you all the best in the world
ReplyDeleteMany blessings,
Michelle
YAAY! Graeme and I are so happy for you guys. What a beautiful little boy! I will be praying for this transition for him and for you guys!! So extremely happy for you!
ReplyDeleteCONGRATULATIONS!
ReplyDeleteWe are so happy for all three of you! Your dreams and prayers have finally been answered!! God is Good!!!
ReplyDeleteThe Rosenberger gang
We're thrilled for you to finally have your son home. What a great family picture!
ReplyDeleteGod's blessings on you all during this time of transition.
Love and continued prayers.
Gerrie and Henry
I'm crying tears of joy....what a glorious day...what a beautiful site...I'm just so happy and relieved for you both...Oh Blessed Day, thank you Lord Jesus! :)
ReplyDeletelove Stefany
Wow, what a journey you have been in. I am thrilled that you have your little angel in your arms. I have been following your blog with tears of sadness, frustrations and joy. Trey Amos is such a precious child. I pray that he will come to feel safe and secure in his new home. He couldn't have more loving parents than you!
ReplyDeleteJackie (Dueck) Buitelaar
What a whirlwind for you guys - and what an awesome reunion. You all look so happy and it is so wonderful that Trey Amos is finally home! We wish you many wonderful sleepless nights and incredible moments when you just look at your son and your heart swells with joy and love for him. His eyes are so bright and happy and you are a beautiful family!
ReplyDeleteLove Auntie Betty & Uncle Brian
Oh I tear up every time I see an update on your blog. Children are such a blessing from God! Do you have a baby carrier or a sling? Then he can be in your arms all day, and you can have your arms free at the same time! They are the best! I recommend a sling or a Trekker. :-) Blessings on your new family.
ReplyDeleteTears of joy
ReplyDeletethank you for sharing the pictures
i'm happy that your precious son is your arms
love
Melinda
AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING!! He is soooo blessedm he has people all over the world that him to pieces!! All the best!
ReplyDelete- Brittnei B
Congratulations guys on the arrival of you beautiful son Trey Amos! You all look happy and relieved. Wow.. that's what I call an answered prayer (or should I say prayers since so many people were praying for you all). We're so happy for you both.
ReplyDeleteTake care.
Wilma, Matt, Lynea, Asher and Teman
ps - Heidi - please tell your Dad that "Willie" says Hi!
Yeah! Congrats on finally getting him home! Hey I think we live in the same neck of the woods, Sherwood Park right? Maybe our paths will cross one day. :)
ReplyDeleteLove to you Heidi... This is all so surreal, isn't it? Who would have thought we would have our babies in JANUARY! I am thinking of you all the time and hoping you guys are figuring this stuff out. We are trying to figure all of this stuff out - exhausted... Let's Skype soon... Love, Jill
ReplyDelete