Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I Think This is Good News

I talked to our MP, Tim Uppal, again this afternoon, and he says Immigration Canada should be calling us in 24-48 hours with info on our application. He says, there's likely no chance Trey can come home on Thursday with Sylvia who is in Haiti right now...which was what we had proposed to him yesterday. (Was that only yesterday?...the last six days are just one big blur to me right now and it seems like years that we have been living in this earthquake disaster.) But still, our file is flagged as urgent and things are definitely looking promising.

We also received an email from CIC requesting more info on our file so I will be emailing that off shortly. I don't know how ANYONE is getting through that toll free number because they put you on hold and then tell you all the lines are busy, call back later, and hang up on you!

And here's an article quoting Mr. Kenny's statements that looks promising. I'll quote the part I really like: "We are contacting the Haitian authorities to see if there is a streamlined way we can get their approval to extract these children." (Jason Kenny). Oh yeah...and "these children" refers to the children with pending adoptions! That is excellent news.

I also heard from GLA today that we NEED to keep pressing the Canadian government to get a list of children in the adoption process to the Canadian Ambassador to Haiti to get him to take it to President Preval to sign off on. I HOPE this is what Kenney is referring to in the above quote.

To read the full article go to:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/ottawa-working-on-speedy-safe-adoptions/article1435843/

2 comments:

  1. Our God is Mighty to Save!!!! We will continue to pray!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God things are going in the right direction. A more definitive statement would be nice, but it seems like things are in the works.
    This "list" sounds a lot like what Tim Vanderwell was asking for from the US parents. Is there anything we can do at this point (other than pray, of course) or is this something the adoptive parents can really only talk to the government about?
    Roy

    ReplyDelete