Sunday, January 31, 2010

The End...And The Beginning!

Well, I started this blog to keep our friends and family informed of our adoption process of Trey Amos. Little did we know how many people would end up following this blog and especially how many people would reach out to us and support us during our two week nightmare after the Haitian disaster, not knowing if we would ever be able to have our son come home! Thank you all for your prayers, your support, your letter writing, and your encouragement!

Trey Amos is finally here to stay. I like to joke that it's been a four year gestation period and 15 days of labor!!! SO GLAD IT'S OVER!

We are enjoying life...playing, singing, talking, eating, sleeping, and pooping (can't forget to mention the pooping...it's been a little overwhelming for Mommy and Daddy just how much poop a 13 month old can produce in one day)!

We're just going to be "lying low" as a family for while, letting Trey Amos adjust to his new home and start the attachment process to us. So we won't be getting out much, but at this point, that is what's best for this little munchkin who's already been through so much trauma.

So, I guess this is the end of this blog! Thank you to all of you! I will leave you with some pictures of the little superstar at home. Please keep following Dixie's blog at www.glahaiti.org and please continue to keep Haiti in your thoughts and prayers.







7 comments:

  1. I am so so happy for you! Although I only found your blog a few weeks ago, it has been a joy to read your postings, and I am thrilled to see the pics of you with your sweet little boy. He is beautiful, and I wish you all the best. Darci
    (waiting on sibs from ethiopia:) still...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a part of our life to check your blog. We'll miss it but will get updates from Grandma and Grandpa. It is wonderful to see how well Trey Amos is looking and how comfortable he seems to be with you already. We are so happy for you guys and pray that God will bless you as you bond with each other.
    Roy and Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really??? You are done??? I hope you post some times on the GLA board so we know how you all are doing!!! Are you going to start a private blog or anything on life at home? If not, I am sure we will see you sometime at a reunion or something!!!! Praise God that your family is together now!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had been praying for Trey and your family and for all the families adopting from Haiti. This past summer, our adoption agency went bankrupt and we had days of uncertainty about our two children in Ethiopia, amid reports of them running out of food and caregivers leaving. It was the scariest and most helpless feeling being half a world away from them. When the earthquake happened in Haiti, I thought immediately of all the adoptive families whose lives had just suddenly been turned upside down. I am so happy that your son is home with you. I am sure that things are a whirlwind right now for you. Enjoy your new family and we will be continuing to pray for the nation of Haiti and its people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lay low and enjoy. Congratulations once again. What a cute little fellow he is and it is wonderful that he is home with you now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Home with Mom and Dad where he belongs. Trey is a beautiful little boy and seems to be very content. God's continued blessings on your family as you continue with the bonding process. Our prayer is for an easy transition for him and you. All the best.
    Love & continued prayers. Gerrie and Henry

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cutie! So happy to see you all together! We'll all have to have one great big reunion some day.

    ReplyDelete