Thursday, August 20, 2009

Gma and Gpa: Day 4 in Haiti



My mom and dad wrote today about the wonderful nannies and nurses at GLA. They know all the children so well and give them so much love and care. We are so glad Trey Amos is in such a good place while we wait for him to come home!

Unfortunately my dad wasn't feeling so great today. Hoping it's nothing, because I know he doesn't want to miss a minute of this trip.

Haiti just looks so beautiful in the view from the orphanage. It's such a beautiful country, but also a suffering country. Many people do not have enough food or access to medical care. There are many many children without homes or families. I read recently that Canada has forgiven Haiti's debt in an effort to help Haiti rise to a better place. I am glad that the Canadian government could at least do this to help Haiti.

Here are some more pics of our precious Haitian boy.


Snuggling with Grandma S:







Look at that baseball bum!


Looking at pictures of my daddy and mommy in Canada with Grandpa S:


Hurry home Trey Amos!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful baby boy!!! I'm so happy to hear that he is getting such great care from the nannies and nurses while he waits to come home. And, of course, it's so wonderful that his Grandma and Grandpa can spend this time with him there.

    Aunt Lottie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! What a great opportunity for your Dad and Mom, Heidi. Man, I hope you guys get Trey Amos soon.

    ReplyDelete