Somebody exclaimed to me last week how lucky Trey Amos was that he was going to have us as parents.
Let me make this very clear...WE are the lucky ones!!!! That little boy has endured more trauma in his little life than anyone deserves. Losing your first mother and father and being raised in an orphanage (even if it is a good, loving, safe place) would create enormous stress for any child. And even though we can't wait to have him home, we do realize that moving to country far away with these new parents--essentially strangers to him--will add to that stress.
It really breaks my heart when I think of what he has already gone through. We can only hope and pray that we will be equipped to help him negotiate the inevitable grief and trauma that he experiences. We just love this little boy so much!
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The love that you have for him and the love that surrounds all of you; (God's, family and friends), will carry you all through whatever lies ahead...one step at a time!
ReplyDeleteYou are not in this alone!! Love you!
i think THIS post is the point of reading those blogs I sent you. and THIS post is what we can't forget...even when life seems good and normal...is it to him? We just need to be reminded to be aware and sensitive.
ReplyDeleteI have really let myself FEEL what you have written above over the last few days and I feel different about this whole thing...I am hoping I am better equiped and more mindful now.
hoping....
Cathleen
I agree totally with Gary and Tina. The love that surrounds you will help you carry this responsibility. And you are both so over-flowing with love for Trey Amos already, that many hurdles will be conquered through this love. We pray for both of you and Trey daily!
ReplyDelete