Monday, December 28, 2009

December Update


From all of us here at GLA:

Merry Christmas, Joyeux Noël, vrolijke Kerstmis, schéi Chrëschtdeeg, frohe Weihnachten, Buon Natale, God Jul, Feliz Natal, Nollaig chridheil, Feliz Navidad, & Jwaye Nwèl! As we celebrate this year, I pray that we all remember the reason for the celebration—the birth of Jesus Christ!

“Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord.” ~Luke 2:11

This month, instead of the usual story on your child, I have done something a little different. I have asked several of our long-term staff (Molly, Joyce, Susan, Stephanie) for the words they would use to describe your children. That list will be included with this update. I hope you enjoy reading the descriptions as much as we enjoyed describing your children!

Amos is...
curious
wide-eyed
snuggly
inquisitive
demanding
bright
tactile

This month we helped Amos celebrate his first birthday at our December birthday party! Amos enjoyed the extra time on the balcony and all the love and attention he received. I think, however, Amos' favorite part was the cake! He loved the cake and ate as much as he could. Amos also really enjoyed the party blowers--specifically a green one--and he held onto it the whole time, even while he was eating his cake!

Weight: 19 lbs 7 oz
Height: 74 cm/29 inches
Adoption status: Parquet

May God bless you and your family during this holiday season!

Melanie Wright, GLA Update Coordinator










And Melanie included a picture of us with our little boy.


Trey Amos' actual first birthday is TOMORROW! I can't believe it! A year old already!

2 comments:

  1. that's right! happy birthday amos! one year!

    i love how he is eating cake with that party blower in his hand!

    you guys are a beautiful family....
    Cathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey guys
    I've been loving checking out your site and seeing how your visit went. Trey is so cute and i hope he comes home soon.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete