Saturday, May 30, 2009

Web Cam Visit Number Two

We had our second web cam visit with Trey Amos today, and of course it was wonderful to see our little boy again! Unfortunatlely the video feed wasn't as clear this time as it was last time, but we still managed to get some cute pictures.

I knew it was coming...Trey Amos got a HAIR CUT!!! Oh, those beautiful curly locks are all gone! Brady loves this short little buzz cut, but I was dreading the day I saw him with short hair. I knew they would cut his hair, though, because at the orphanage they need to keep things as simple as possible, and taking care of those curly locks is a lot more time consuming than taking care of that cute little (almost) bald head! He still is a doll, though. The volunteer said he had more hair than most of the girls since the day he arrived!


The volunteer also told us he is rolling over by himself, and almost sitting independently. He is only five months, and sitting independently usually comes at about six months so he is right on track. (Yes, I remember most of my infant gross motor milestones from physio school!)

She also said he is a little cuddler and a happy little guy. Wow, just look at those big beautiful brown eyes!!


Oh and there's that little tongue again!

He was very interested in the computer keyboard during the visit, and several times he looked right at us when we called to him so that was pretty cool. We were wondering if maybe he recognized our voices from the recording we had sent him in the little stuffed dog, Buddy.
What a precious boy you are Trey Amos!



2 comments:

  1. wowowowowow! this is so sweet. i like that he responded to his name. we want to send a recording too, that's the next mission.
    bummer on the hair cut! :)
    are you just glowing?
    cathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so precious Heidi! We just had our webcam #2 as well... these sessions are such a blessing right now. I know we both have a long way to go, but our prayers are with you...

    ReplyDelete